Sunday, May 23, 2010

We are still here....

Wow I can't believe how long it has been since I have done an update. Life is good. We are enjoying the spring time weather it if finally starting to warm up and we took our VW bus on it's first camp out last weekend and had a blast. I managed to loose my memory card with my recent pictures I am hoping it will turn up soon.

Lauren is growing up so fast she is the biggest helper and such a sweetheart. She is kind and loving to Ashley. She loves going to preschool and is looking forward to swimming classes this summer. Her favorite color is Red (and blue and pink and purple and white apparently... I read it to her and she corrected me.) She really misses all of her cousins she talks about them and is always asking when we can visit with them. She points off to the distance and asks me if I know what is over there and then proceeds to tell me that is where Alauna, Natalie, Caemlyn, Addison and Aunt Ariah (Mariah) live.

Lauren had her first haircut (yeah I know 3 1/2 is a little old for the first hair cut but I love her curls and didn't want to loose them!)

She was not to happy about getting it cut turns out she thought we were cutting it short
The first cut...
She was so happy afterward. 
There is still some curl left, Angie knew exactly what to do and just evened it out for us! (PS Angie doesn't normally cut kids hair but did me a huge favor since I was so worried about HUGE THANKS to her!!!)

Ashley is growing up way to fast, she is crawling has one bottom tooth (came in while we were camping) so far she is really good when teething (knock on wood) She loves her sister and really likes shaking her head no. She has the highest pitch scream and screams when she is happy, bored, hurt or mad. I am thinking I may go deaf soon if she doesn't figure out a new way to communicate! She loves eating peas. She waves and say Hi (although Wes doesn't believe me) she follows me around the house and gets mad if I walk by and don't pick her up. She also really enjoys pulling Lauren's hair. She is really a sweet baby and fits in great with our family I can't believe she will be 9 months on June 10th. At her last doctors appointment she weighed 20 lbs and was 28" tall she is proportionally big just like her sister although she is on the chart unlike her sister. 


I am keeping busy with the daily life of being a Mom a few crafty endeavors here and there ( I need to take some pictures) I was released from the RS Enrichment (Activity) leader and now the 2nd Counselor in the YW and camp director. I love working with the youth and girls camp is my favorite thing in the world.

Wes finished working for his uncle in December and started his new job working for Axa Pacific Insurance this spring. He really likes the people that he works with. He has his typical ever changing car collection right now we have the Honda Odessy, a BMW M5, a Acura RL and the VW Westfalia.

3 comments:

  1. About time! Ashley is such a doll! And Lauren, how big she is . . . seems like last time I saw everyone Lauren was Ashley's age! Just kidding! Hey! Thanks for being a fabulous loving friend! I sure miss you people!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, that first picture of your post does not classify as spring to me! :) I had to laugh when I saw you were released from enrichment and put into YW. The same thing happened to me and now I'm the laurel adviser and Sis. Kennedy's the YW president. Where you in that seminary class with me?

    Anywho, glad to see your little fam is doing wonderfully! Do you have any plans to come down this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the blog world! Can I just say that your girls are so beautiful! I haven't ever really seen any pictures of your new baby girl and she is absolutely beautiful!!! Say hello to Wes for us!

    ReplyDelete